Ads


14 April 2012

Happy Summer!

I'm a bit late in my summer greetings but I hope you have a comfortable one. Fun is easy to be had under the sun but comfort? Not really. It all starts with what to wear and if you are a normal human being without the perfect curves - resort rules can be discouraging. Most will only permit "proper swimming attire" nowadays and pinoys are used to swimming in shirts and shorts, or bikinis under shirts and shorts.

My husband and I agree, they look tacky. But that doesn't mean we all have to undergo lipsuction and wear an itsy bitsy two piece. I said to my partner, "thank God rash guards are becoming more available!".



Ashton and I wearing our rash guards for summer. Mine are from ROXY and his are from SM Department Store.

Rash guards are like proper swimming shirts that are made of nylon and have UV protection. They look really athletic as well and are a good alternative to ordinary swimwear. You don't have to worry if you are "sexy" enough to wear them or be conscious of what you look like.



Unlike before, rash guards are widely available now. I recommend you visit Sassa in Landmark or Robinson's Department Stores. They are affordable and are easy to wear :) I buy a lot of shorts from them too which are good as running shorts or swimming shorts paired with a bikini top.

So, no more panicking on what to wear to the beach with your friends or family. You can both look good and feel comfortable with these options, especially if you have a kid like me - you don't want your kid pulling all the wrong strings!

Enjoy summer, load up your favorite summer ringtone apps and snap your photos under the sun :)