Ads


08 November 2012

Enchanted Halloween at Edsa Shangri-la Hotel

Moms like me need little helpers when it comes to celebrating special holidays, and that includes a spooktacular halloween! I am not alone when I tell you that many of us have discovered a more peaceful, comfortable, safe, enjoyable, and yes, practical way to let our kids enjoy trick or treating.


Here's a photo of me and Ashton in costume. I am supposed to be a soldier and he is a prince.

For this year's halloween, I fully depended on Edsa Shangri-la Hotel (my favorite hotel so far from all I've stayed in). We enjoyed New Year 2012 here and were not disappointed, so we thought we'd do the same for halloween.



Daddy is a minion from Despicable Me

Most of the time, parents bring their kids to malls. We've tried that but were exhausted by the end of all activities. It involved a lot of leg and guess work. Will my kid enjoy, will he bring home some candies, what activities are there?




Not at Enchanted Halloween, it was our most comfortable halloween yet! We arrived 30 minutes before the event. Lined up with other kids who are all cooperative in their costumes. You can really feel the halloween spirit here haha :)



There were lots of booths to keep kids busy. From face painting to photo booths which were all included in the ticket fee (We paid Php 1,080 for each of us). Our hands were already full from freebies even before the event started.

 


Isla Ballroom was transformed into an enormous enchanted forest. Everyone of course, had seats here and we all comfortably ate our set lunch. It isn't a buffet but you get your own food from the 'enchanted' spread.



Here's our lunch of spaghetti, nuggets, hotdog, and fried chicken Shangri-la style.

 
 
I believe desserts were unlimited and I fancy the halloween cupcakes. Some had witches on them! Sorry for the lack of good photos, my hands were full.



 Ashton is just two years old so he didn't get to play any of the staged games. If your kid is 5 and up I am sure they'll have fun. After the games, there was a Mad Science Show. Ashton was not interested BUT there's an alternative 'Barney' room for the likes of him.



Ashton and I trooped to the Make your own halloween bag room aka 'Barney room' because there's a large TV playing Barney. It was a lifesaver for us! Ashton watched Barney and colored his bag away with my help. This while we waited for the official trick or treating to start. This is such a good idea to have an alternative in case toddlers want a quieter space.



Then, we were all ready to collect goodies from Shangri-la hotel's restaurants. The kids are all very cute lining up for candies.

We also went home with the official goodie bag which had even more candies and kiddie snacks inside. Ashton was satisfied.




If you ask me, I am definitely repeating this next year. We now have two family traditions inside Shangri-la Hotel and we are very pleased they always surpass our expectations :)