Ads


03 July 2012

How to Enjoy Kroketten - that curious Kiosk in SM Mall of Asia

P6215913

I may not be overseas but finding new and exciting food in Manila is not far-fetched! Take for instance this unassuming new kiosk in SM Mall of Asia - it's called Kroketten and they sell flavored potato ballens.

P6215917 
All I know is that croquettes are indeed made from potatoes somewhere in Europe but have never seen or tasted such in my country. Thanks to Kroketten and some curious food bloggers, I was able to try it for the first time.

At first bite, you'll be surprised by Kroketten's texture. It is crispy on the outside but mash potatoey on the inside. I told my date it's like fried mash potato (excuse my ignorance). You can choose from logs or balls but I prefer Kroket logs because it easily fills me up. Flavors include beef, chicken, and cheese.

P6215896


Kroketten is situated near the terminal, it's an experience eating there standing without airconditioning and it's unusual that this is the place to find croquettes. It isn't surprising though why Kroketten owner Belle chose this location "Our company aims to reach all levels of market A to C, for everyone to enjoy quality, healthy and good food. We never want our products to be intimidating that’s why we came up with a combo meal– our five pieces mini ballen (P20) and our four pieces mini ballen with the 6.5 oz revitalize 10 or Nutri 10 fresh fruit drink (P35)".

Other branches include Festival Mall Alabang, Alabang Town Center, GT Tower Makati, Market! Market!, Starmall Edsa Shaw, Robinsons Galleria, Robinsons Metro East, SM North Edsa, and SM Lipa Batangas.

P6215931
Wasabe for the win!

Personally, I've devised my own plan to enjoy my Kroketten logs which I think also deserves star treatment for its quality and taste. I am ordering take away and bringing them into the cinema for me and my movie date to munch on - much healthier than fries or chips and the dips are a feast for the tastebuds.