Ads


23 June 2011

Fashion: Capes for the Rainy Days

My fashionable alter ego gets excited every time it rains. Layering, boots, and capes! Other cities have been there caped that but in Manila, seldom do I see femme fatales getting comfy in trench and twill.

I think their sweet and perfect, don't you? If you watched Little Red Riding Hood, plus points for you.


Capes from Diane Von Furstenberg, Sacai, and Nordstorm.

My international friends who study in Online Colleges can't live without these, they are fashionable staples in winter. Above is an attempt (yet again) to make a set in Polyvore, I just can't work it and wish I was signed up for online degree programs in graphic design.

Going back, these pieces are great with boots. Now don't be tempted to purchase cheap boots from the flea market (the truth hurts) and used clothing shops. First, they are not worth the investment and boots need to be sturdy, reliable, and comfy. Most I've seen are synthetic leather which can peel off during an inconvenient time. Embarrassing.

Wear the capes + boots with skinny jeans, faux leather tights otherwise it will be too warm, or even shorts + dark leggings. Now who wouldn't enjoy the rainy days when you are fashionably geared up?

Some stores worth checking out and might have these goods: Zara, Mango, Terranova, and Nine West for the boots.

On a side note, this post reminds me of opportunities in finding an education abroad where there are actually four seasons! You may want to check out http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/ for some information on student aid.