Ads


14 June 2011

5 Ways to recharge at Bonifacio High Street Global City

Rarely do I get out these days and when I do, I like to maximize it and have the most enjoyable time ever. So Bonifacio High Street may not be something new and exciting but for people who have cocooned like me, this is the perfect place to unwind and relax in peace sans the crowd. The open air setup is lovely at night, so follow my lead on an evening say 6PM onwards.

http://www2.aes.ac.in/mswebsite_07/special_projects/Scribbler0910/Dec-Jan/Dec-Jan%20Web/Webpage%20graphics/HOLIDAYS/funnyt-lolcat-recharging.jpg

1. Grab a grub at Italianni's - I am not a blogger endorser of this diner but I love how the place always have space for me. Lets me cross out waiting for a table on my hassle's list. Plus, the atmosphere takes me to Italy (I know). I am a sucker for interior design and the framed photos of great Italian places sends me a romantic vibe.

http://www.italiannis.com.ph/images/branches/bonifaciohighst.png

What to order: Their spinach and artichoke formaggio is good stuff but when on a budget, I love their free focaccia bread dipped in E-V-O-O and balsamic vinegar while waiting for my roast pork. Did I mention they have both Perrier and San Pellegrino?

2. Enjoy The Spa - remember to walk-in The Spa before you go for dinner but don't slip on that robe just yet. Simply make a quick reservation for when after you have enjoyed your food. This way you don't have to, you guessed it, wait for your turn once you are ready.



What to get: A full body massage at The Spa starts at Php 800 and you can already enjoy both a sauna and a dip in the jacuzzi. Perfect for burning the calories from dinner.

3. Window shop - at night it is more breezy to walk along the different shops Bonifacio High Street has to offer. I like spending some minutes in Make Room and Havaianas to try on the latest flip flops. Muji also recently opened which could also fancy you for 30 minutes or so.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-7nAsSucICg/SAQiLEeqQGI/AAAAAAAACRA/z7R3F60lsB8/s400/boni-7.jpg

4. Bookworms crawl to Fully Booked - a book lover can stay for hours inside's Fully Booked's 6 storey worth of books. My latest guilty purchase was of Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic and Mini Shopaholic. Further your enthusiasm for reading by browsing in areas you wouldn't normally read on.

For the next item, you may wish to purchase the latest issue of your favorite magazine. Mine currently are Working Mom and Smart Parenting. Go figure.

http://www.frappuccino.asia/Assets/locales/en-asia/images/products/blended/product18.jpg

5. Cap this perfect night at Starbucks
- and you don't have to leave Fully Booked's building because Starbucks is on the fourth floor. For a more interesting time here, make it a frappucino happy hour. Order something different like the new Soy Green Tea Frappucino or for a warm mug, try their hot Chai Tea Latte.

And if you are not ready to go home yet, Serendra is just right across the High Street. You can find pastry shops in there and one must-try for takeaways is Conti's and Mary Grace.