Ads


15 February 2011

Tried and Tested: Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals Liquid Foundation

During the Robinsons Department Store's Beauty Fair, I got to try the liquid version of my HG mineral makeup. That is, Clear Smooth Minerals from Maybelline. I've always veered away from liquid foundation as past products I've tried make my face look literally dirty. I don't know why but most liquid types slip off of my face, as if mud is trickling down my skin. You get the idea.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_iXlr2UUdq_U/THI0mhfHtlI/AAAAAAAAGJk/2G-uQMJbEFI/s1600/CLEAR+SMOOTH+MINERALS+Healthy+Natural+Liquid+Foundation,+P299.png

When I tried this product for the first time, the makeup artist put mineral powder over it. The effect was a matte, clean, 95% flawless finish. Though I wanted to see if it can survive on its own, independent of a loose powder.

Sans a makeup artist, I tried Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals Liquid Foundation on a sunny day. The weather felt like hell but my face felt otherwise. The makeup feels light even in harsh locations, I was in an industrial shop on the side of a highway for 5 hours. It didn't slip off my skin and a gentle pat with facial tissue instantly resolves some oiliness.

I also observed how even when I wipe dust off my face, Clear Smooth Minerals liquid foundation stayed put. No traces of it left using a facial tissue. After my stint in a shop, I checked my face at home and I am impressed at how dependable this liquid foundation is. Never did I have to worry if my face was caking, cracking, or slipping off.

Now on whether it made my skin breakout, I discovered a blemish before going to bed but it quickly resided using my derma products :)



Definitely 5 stars for this product!