Ads


30 November 2008

The best quick fix for a cystic pimple!

A big red acne bump on the cheek, nose or chin can ruin the most important dates of your life, but you should know that you can do something about it right away with the help of your dermatologist. Usually, cystic pimples or acne don't go away after a week and then it will leave a scar that can last up to a month.

Intralesional steroid injections can save your face and day, after 24 hours you'll notice that the cystic pimple you have has already flattened out and is almost unnoticeable. Intralesional steriod injections are sometimes called pimple injection in layman's term.

Read more after the jump..
I was in college when I first learned about it, and since my skin is acne prone - I just run to a dermatologist whenever I have a big unattractive and distracting cystic pimple on my chin. Just last week, I had to have my chin injected even before a monstrous pimple emerged. I had this done by my dermatologist who had a different approach.


After the injection, she put a pink solution over the bump. The bump became almost white that I had to place band aid over it so I can resume to my daily tasks without being distracted. When I came home and removed the band aid, the bump was almost gone. The next day, it was totally gone. Her method is the fastest I have ever experienced compared to the other dermatologists I dealt with.

Intralesional steroid injections costs a minimum of Php 200, depending on how many shots you need. Most of the time, one big bump just needs one shot. It is best to have a dermatologist administer this rather than spa or facial attendants to ensure that the procedure is safe and sanitary.









0 comments: