Ads


17 November 2010

Tried and Tested: Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain + Balm

Highschool during my time - we were obsessed with lip and cheek stains that came in tiny tubes. We'd rub it on our cheeks and pretend it was a natural flush so we won't get disciplined. And what's great about stains are their natural look. No one can really tell unless you go overboard.

Every girl was gaga to get a "just bitten" and "just pinched" effect. I don't know how but I'd forgotten this cool trick with lip tints/stains until I bumped into another invention by Revlon.

"Vitamin enriched formula with Vitamin C for anti-oxidant protection. Color does not smudge or streak in 10 lightweight shades."



Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain + Balm

How to Use:

1. Apply marker directly to clean, dry lips
2. Build color and coverage as desired
3. After 30 seconds add extra shine and moisture by applying the balm

I got all 3 colors because they work like magic, as if I am naturally endowed with red or pink healthy 'just bitten'lips depending on the color I use. Unlike its predecessors, Revlon's Just Bitten Lip Stain comes in a form of a pen. Just swipe it on your lips and tada! Colour that lasts the whole day.

I use Gothic Red for serious days, and Passion for fun days. Yep.

On the other end of the product is a lip balm which should protect your lips from cracking. The balm is snot shiny nor sticky, which contributes to the just bitten effect.

I am amazed. No more re-applying lipstick for me or that obviously colored lips :) I started using lipstick this month after some consultations with other beauty bloggers. Now I am a convert, a lip colour is a good weapon.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_64xvCBFzkA4/TI-el0t3hsI/AAAAAAAABmY/FQEU2bJaLiQ/s400/Revlon-Just-bitten-Lipstain.jpg

I wonder though if we can use this as cheek tint as well? That's just the thrifty me asking.