Ads


10 November 2010

Tried and Tested: Revlon PhotoReady Compact Makeup Foundation


Photoshop in a compact. Price Php 995

Read this: 3D makeup! I swear, new products and innovations are just too cool to ignore and when I chanced upon this "3D" makeup I have been seeing print ads of, I just had to try it just like Halle Berry.


Your makeup is 3D. The Revlon PhotoReady compact has a magic screen that turns cream into liquid foundation.

The reason why many call it 3D makeup is because it catches light in all angles making your face "PhotoReady" at all times. I think PhotoReady is synonymous to Photoshop, as in this product will no longer require pictures to undergo photoshop or photo manipulation to improve people's faces. I am sure many makeup artists use this already especially for weddings and photo shoots.

I tried it for myself and here is my review in bullets:

- the cream turns into liquid

- it is better to use your beauty finger than the sponge

- the product completely disappears or blends with my skin tone, I chose Rich Ginger but I think this is not yet the right shade for me. I will buy another one.

- it completely covers acne scars, blemishes, and uneven skin tone. I skipped applying my Body Shop highlighter/concealer.

- the product evolves from cream -> liquid -> powder = magic! and I do not feel the product on my face at all. Sometimes, I feel the warmth and heaviness of make up but not with this one. Feels like wearing skin, no kidding.

- Although it covers the skin very well and feels and looks natural, I am not used to an un-mattified face so I dusted a bit of mineral powder above the PhotoReady cream/liquid/compact. It looked great!

- Make sure you spread and blend the product evenly :) A little goes a long way when you use your beauty finger :)

I am tempted to use this product everytime I go out. It is just so easy to wear, so far it is friends with my skin but I'll have to see how regular use might affect my sensitive skin. I think it is worth the Php 990 price, considering the time you save from skipping concealer and just using this one product that provides the perfect coverage while looking au naturale.

Revlon PhotoReady Compact is available this November at Watsons, Beauty by SM, Robinsons, Landmark, PCX, Gaisano Metro, Sta. Lucia East, Unimart and other major retailers nationwide.