For some time I thought statement tees will be a thing of the past, but more and more people want to "wear what they think" and so statement tees are still everywhere. What would your shirt say?
Giordano: World Without Strangers
Giordano is currently holding another typography tee design contest and up for grabs are up to P30,000 cash and gift certificates! The theme for this year is "World Without Strangers". Timely indeed if you ask me.
8 semi-finalists will be selected, I want to join but don't know what to say yet. The migraine boy in me wants to say something sarcastic but that's the least the world needs today :) Oh wait, I have one:
Whoever copies my mock design above will never find true love! :P So go ahead and make your own using Adobe Photoshop or Macromedia Freehand format.
Read on below for the full mechanics including where to send your entries *click*
Giordano Typography Tee Design Contest Mechanics
Theme: World Without Strangers
Submission of designs: March 21, 2011 to June 30, 2011
Announcement of Winners: July 31, 2011
Top 15 Tee Design Exhibit: Date to be Announced
1. The Giordano Typography Tee Design Contest is open to all Filipino men and women age 15 and above. Designs must revolve around the theme: “World Without Strangers” adapted to men’s or women’s style or unisex orientation. Designs should strictly be a Statement Tee or a Typographic Tee or a combination of both. Body colour of the shirt may vary but the design itself should be limited to a maximum of 5 colors.
2. Submitted designs must be done in electronic format either by Adobe Photoshop or Macromedia Freehand format. They must original designs, not previously released or used by any other entity.
3. Contestant must sign the waiver together with the entry design. By signing the waiver, the contestant agrees to the Terms and Conditions of the contest, governing rights and procedures. Waivers are available in all Giordano stores nationwide and on the Giordano Philippines Official Facebook Page.
5. A contestant can submit up to a maximum of three (3) designs. The contestant can opt to submit his or her designs in two ways:
a. Submit in any Giordano store nationwide
b. Mail entries to
Giordano Marketing Dept.
170 F. Blumentritt corner Gen. San Luis,
Brgy. Tibagan, San Juan City
All entries must be placed in one short brown envelope:
2 Colored Print Outs of the design
1 cd containing a soft copy of the design (psd, ai, freehand)
1 Photocopy of a valid ID with signature, and birthday
Incomplete entries shall be considered not valid. Deadline of submissions is on June 30, 2011
6. Criteria for Judging
In Choosing the Top 15 Finalist:
Relevance to theme 25%
In Choosing the Top 7 Winners:
Relevance to theme 25%
Facebook Popularity (the most likes) 10%
7. From all entries, Giordano Philippines and the participating judges shall narrow the selection to eight
(8) semi-finalists and to the top seven (7) finalists.
7 Major prizes for the top seven finalists of Php 25,000 Cash plus Php 5,000 worth of Gift Certificates
8 Consolation Prizes for the semi-finalists of Php 10,000 Cash plus Php 5,000 worth Gift Certificates
Top 7 winning designs will be featured in an upcoming Giordano collection. Winners will be contacted as
to when the winning designs will be launched in the stores.
T.F.B Incorporated/Giordano Philippines shall shoulder the 20% Tax for prizes exceeding P 10,000.00.
The gift certificates are transferrable but not convertible to cash.
8. Announcement of winners will be on July 31, 2011 through the Giordano Philippines Official Facebook
Page and major newspapers. Winners shall be notified through registered mail.
9. Prizes not claimed within 60 days shall be forfeited. Redemption Center for GMA winners will be at 170 F. Blumentritt corner Gen San Luis St. Brgy. Tibagan, San Juan City. For Provincial Winners, redemption shall be arranged for depending on the nearest Giordano Store. Winners may claim their prizes upon presentation of a valid ID and the registered mail notice.
10. Employees and their relatives up to second degree of affinity are disqualified from joining the